Pregnancy Support: Acupuncture done during pregnancy is a safe, gentle and effective way to help treat many of the common symptoms experienced during pregnancy such as:
• Morning sickness: nausea and/or vomiting
• Swelling and varicose veins
• Headaches and migraines
• Back pain or other pain (round ligament pain, pelvic pain, etc)
• Assist with turning a breech baby
• Support Miscarriage Prevention
Prebirth Acupuncture: Pre-Birth Acupuncture is a series of 4-5 weekly treatments beginning at week 36 of your pregnancy that are designed to help your body go into labor on time and for labor to progress normally and without complication once it begins. It is not labor induction and will not bring on labor.
Pre-birth acupuncture can:
1. Reduce the time spent in the first stage labor (period of time between 3 cm dilated and full dilation) by an average of 2 hours
2. Reduce the number of inductions in first time moms by 43% and 35% in all others
3. Reduce rate of epidural usage by 31%
4. Reduce emergency C-section rate by 32%
5. Increase vaginal birth rates by 9%
For more information see our blog post.
Postpartum Support: There are so many benefits to a course of postpartum acupuncture. We can begin work on restoring your body, support healing, and help treat any issues such as breastfeeding complications, digestion issues, sleep, anxiety/depression, etc.
Our recommended postpartum protocol is 3 weekly visits starting at 2-3 weeks postpartum and as needed after that.